Jonnie Merrill Joins LINE Skis
Jonnie grew up primarily as a snowboarder at Grand Targhee. It wasn’t until the 9th grade that he became heavily influenced by ski films like MSP’s Focused, which pushed him to transition from one plank to two. Skiing with a group of friends at Grand Targhee, Jonnie quickly became a huge fan of skiing fast, going big, and finding all of the cliffs drops that the mountain had to offer. After high school, Jonnie made the migration down to Salt Lake City to work towards becoming an engineer, while also fueling his passion for big mountain skiing.
As he became immersed in the Snowbird and Alta scenes, Jonnie fell in love with jumping off of stuff at Snowbird and crushing deep pillow lines. Nowadays, Jonnie mirror’s a full-time engineering job with his love for skiing, using his technical skills to help to develop new skis while improving his bag of tricks at the same time. Keep your eye out for Jonnie sending huge cliffs and shredding narrow chutes the next time you’re skiing Alta or Snowbird, you won’t want to miss it.
Read on to learn more about Jonnie, and see what he’s all about.
- Age: 26
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- One Thing You Love: Water
- One Thing You Hate: COVID
What’s The Plan For This Season?
What Else Should People Know About You?
- Mechanical Engineer stoked on developing products worth using.
- Very excited to work with LINE to help test & develop some new products.
- My girlfriend (sid) and I have an adventure pup (blue heeler named Kira) who loves exploring the mountains w/ us.
- Good food & good beer
- Nothing better than a quality beach
Where Can People Keep Up On Your Stuff?
Follow along on Instagram @Jonniemerrill